A brief run-down of Saturday’s achievements following on from what Chris has said was roughly as follows:
- Finally fixed the air intake (for the moment)
- Tightened the alternator belt
- Secured the wing bolts (to make sure the off-side front one stays attached)
- Fixed the door handles so they now open from the inside. Not exactly an OEM solution mind you, but it worked perfectly and only cost £1.50.
- Removed part of the dashboard to replace blown bulbs and investigate wiper.
- Re-positioned speaker on rear parcel shelf to provide in-car ents once wired in.
- Vacuumed the inside (including the last kg or so of broken glass from inside the doors.
- The ‘For Hire’ and ‘Taxi’ signs have been removed for working on separately.
It wasn’t all wonderful however, as we still have:
- The wiring. Put in by a sensless simian using handfuls of random wires linked to whatever could be found. The off-side headlight just shouldn’t work! It’s not possible! But it does, so I’ll leave it alone
- The radio. It was working in the morning, but now has no power. Hmmm….
- The near-side windscreen wiper. The cause has been established, as the arm is shot and not gripping the spindle. After a couple of attempted bodges, I think we need a new arm….
- Did I mention the wiring? There’s more to that than a simple statement would have you believe…
- The Supercharger. Strangely enough, no-one else seems keen on this….